6/22/2007

Grooming the next generation of corrosion engineers

It's not easy explaining corrosion engineering to my friends and family. So imagine my dilemma when we were invited to speak at Abington School District's Career Day in Montgomery County.

I thought, "How am I going to explain the intricacies of our business to fifth graders with short attention spans?" Since kids love tall stories and outer space, I started with our work on NASA's VAB roof, one of the largest buildings in the world.

We made the grade and won them over using pictures instead of engineering jargon. In fact, we reached these kids more easily than some adults!

And while they probably won't be thinking about anodes during their next science class, the opportunity to impress young minds was certainly rewarding. Someone has to carry on the CP tradition, and it might very well be one of these grade-schoolers.

Here I am with marketing director Jennifer Cantono, fielding questions from fifth graders.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home