8/08/2007

Lights! Cameras! Corrosion!

Last Thursday was a long day for me. After Wednesday’s collapse of the I-35 bridge in Minneapolis, I shuttled from one TV newsroom to the next. Reporters peppered me with questions about why the collapse happened, what can be done to prevent further infrastructure failures, and so on.

My PR firm has compiled clips of my appearances for me to share with you. I consider raising awareness about the risks of corrosion to our aging infrastructure as a public service that people in our industry are obligated to provide.

That said, I hope I don't make these appearances a habit -- because that would mean more disasters, and more lives lost to a problem that is preventable, given the right engineering.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home